Friday, August 10, 2012

Guilty!

Okay, I finally did it...I strayed from the diet! It started with tortilla chips. I decided I really wanted tortilla chips (one of my favorite snacks), especially to go with the Low Carb Taco Bake from the Medi recipes page. I had purchased some Smart and Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Whole Wheat tortillas by La Tortilla Factory, which contain the lowest net carbs I've found of all the tortillas I've researched. I baked these into "chips." This paired with guacamole and salsa kind of caused me to eat a bit more (on the carb side) than I would have liked. I did okay the first night, but the 2nd and 3rd night I definitely overdid it on the carbs. Not to mention I had (for some reason) ventured down the candy aisle (while picking up my appetite suppressants at the drug store) and somehow convinced myself it would be okay to purchase the sugar-free versions of some of my favorite candies. BAD idea. The sugar count and net carb count may be low, but the calories are still there and the sugar alternative (mostly Splenda) seems to make them even more addictive than regular chocolate, which gets too "sweet" for me after a few pieces, and I definitely indulged in more than I should have. 

I need to get myself in check starting tomorrow. I've worked too hard these past 4 weeks to let these little slips destroy what I've accomplished so far! Especially since I am starting to look and feel decent again, and am looking forward to a possible beach or lake trip over Labor Day Weekend (which is in a little over 3 weeks). I tried to make up for things by counting actual carbs (using MyFitnessPal) instead of counting all veggie servings as 5, and all fruit servings as 15. I also tried to do small workouts to make up for those extra carbs or protein calories. This defeats the whole purpose of working out because the working out is supposed to give me that extra edge to help me excel the weight loss, not just make up for the junk I've eaten. I ramped things up tonight by hula hooping and starting the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. However, I should be doing this in addition to following the diet. I guess tomorrow's a brand new day, and I just need to be stricter, and look forward to the end results.

Honestly, the "chips" I made weren't even that good anyway, and really? Do I need to be eating sugar-free candy? It was good, but it was addictive and made me realize quickly how bad I am at self-control and moderation. I'm better at quitting things cold turkey than trying to limit things. I am taking the candy and leaving it at work tomorrow and not bringing it home with me!

I also have not been diligent in taking my pills/supplements. I think this may also contribute to my cravings and loss of willpower. Not taking the multivitamin, I could definitely tell a difference in how I felt overall. I also need to drink more water!!!

Anyway, so I admit it. I fell off the wagon. Though I technically was in the safe zone due to the working out, I don't feel proud of what I've done. I am going to just put it behind me, not get mad at myself, and move on. I think that's the best attitude to have. We all slip up and make mistakes sometimes, and nobody is perfect. However, I'm not going to give up and just go and binge on McDonald's or Pizza Hut (though the commercial for the garlic bread pizza is killer). I'm going to move on, ramp up the exercise and water intake, and have a successful weigh-in next week!

Here's to hoping I can do it!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment