Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Recipes: Coconut Shrimp and Cheesecake

This past week I searched high and low for some healthy yet delicious recipes. I came home after picking up Chili's for some of my co-workers and had a craving for coconut shrimp. I decided to make my own. I also tweaked a number of cheesecake recipes I found and made some cute little (sugar-free) cheesecakes! Here are the recipes:


Low-Carb Coconut Shrimp


These are so good that you want to make sure you don't eat too many! They're great with a side of marmalade or chutney. I made some with sugar-free strawberry preserves, some horseradish and lime juice. You may want to try sugar-free peach preserves.

Low-Carb New York Style Mini Cheesecake

I had originally made these with an almond meal crust, but decided that they added too many calories/carbs, and realized that eating just the cheesecake part was more than satisfying. I enjoyed them topped with some sugar-free strawberry preserves and a few sliced strawberries. You may want to try it with fat-free Cool Whip!

No comments:

Post a Comment