Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 6 is almost over already.

Unfortunately, the scale was not happy with me this week. For my Week 5 weigh in, I had gained 1.6 lb. Granted, this was primarily water weight, as I lost .3% (0.1 lb.) in fat mass, and my water weight increased 1.3 lb.

I suspected the bloating had to do with my lovely monthly visit from Mother Nature. Unfortunately, this has caused me to crave things like chocolate and to just be hungrier than usual, so I have had some off times this week. I also indulged in a glass of Chardonnay the other night at a show with some friends. I think I have gotten to that point where I am beginning to get a little cocky, which is dangerous grounds for me, because I guarantee I could just gain back everything I've lost and then some.

I refuse to go there.

I was out of ketosis for a few days which I suspect had to do with eating some low-carb tortillas. Though I was within my carb intake limit for the day, I think it had to do  with the  type of carbs I was consuming. I just checked again today and I am starting to see some Trace levels of ketones, so I hope to increase them and return to fat-burning mode! I had been working out rather diligently last week, though maybe not for long periods of time. The 30 Day Shred is only 20-25 minutes long, so it doesn't feel like a loooong, boring workout on the elliptical, but it definitely brings my heart rate up a lot more. I've only done a 5ish days of Level 1 so far, and I'm somewhat dreading Level 2, which I heard is extremely difficult. Once I'm done with my period, I really plan to step things up and not do the every other day thing anymore. I received my custom hula hoop this past week as well and have been learning some tricks from Hoopnotica. Practicing tricks definitely brings up my heart rate a lot more than just regular waist hooping. It also leaves nice marks on the wall when I mess up. :)

I am starting school this coming week. It officially started Thursday, but my first class is not until Tuesday, though I am the TA for two online courses. I am only taking two classes this semester, and both are with professors I like who are not the type to give you busy work. I hope this gives me the time and freedom to work out. At least I won't have an excuse not to. My hoop dance class starts in September; and after watching the Cirque du Soleil touring show Dralion this week, I am partly considering signing up for a Beginner Aerial Silks or Beginner Dance (Low-Flying) Trapeze class.

Anyway. As I said, I refuse to get cocky and undo what I've done. After these past two weeks of cheats and give-ins, I am going to get back into ketosis, get back on track, be strict and dedicated again, and I will see those numbers go down! Wish me luck!

Focaccia Cloud Bread

I leave you with a photo of some lovely focaccia cloud bread I just took out of the oven. You can find the recipe and some blogger comments/suggestions here. To make the focaccia flavor and style (instead of the normal recipe), omit the Splenda or sugar substitute, and add herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme, garlic). I mixed these into the batter, but also topped it with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan and extra herbs before popping it in the oven. It bakes a little longer than the rounds do, since it's got a larger surface area. I can't wait to eat a sandwich at lunch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment